The best ironing boards in Singapore 2022 can make a significant difference to the efficiency of your iron! Which means less time trying to get stubborn creases out!
Good ironing boards can cost as little as S$40. So why not make the investment?
Find your new ironing board from our list here!
7 Best Ironing Boards In Singapore 2022
Here are our top picks for the best ironing boards in Singapore for those occasions where the best garment steamers are not enough:
- Best Heavy Duty Ironing Board – Brabantia Size C Ironing Board
- Best Value-For-Money Ironing Board – Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board (E70881/E70882/E70883)!
- Best Ironing Board For Steam Generator Irons – Brabantia Size C Ironing Board or Philips GC221/88 Ironing Board
- Widest Ironing Board – Brabantia Size C Ironing Board
- Best Lightweight/ Space-Saving Ironing Board – Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board E70881
- Best For Taller People – Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board E70882/E70883
1. Brabantia Size C Ironing Board
Doesn’t matter if you’re right or left-handed:
The Brabantia Size C Ironing Board will be comfortable for both! This full sized (4 ft long, 12 inches wide) ironing board is made with steam irons in mind!
Users remark that the ironing board provides substantial stable surface area to work on. It’s extremely sturdy too. But despite this, it is not as heavy as it looks too.
So for heavy duty ironing, you can’t go wrong with the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board!
PS: No other ironing board in the same price range has such a long warranty!
- Very long warranty
- Robust frame with steel poles
- Highly adjustable
- Safe (Child lock and transport lock for extra precautions)
- Non-slip feet covers
- Durable and thick (2mm) cotton cover
- Crease-free surface
- Environmentally responsible (Bronze-level certification by cradletocradle)
- Size: 124 x 45 cm
- Adjustable Height: 7 heights (69 – 96 cm)
- Cover: 100% cotton cover with resilient foam layer
- Weight: –
- Warranty: 10 years
- Price: ~$128
2. Leifheit Lightweight AirBoard Compact Ironing Board
2 sizes are available for the Leifheit Lightweight AirBoard Compact Ironing Board. And both weigh under 5kg:
The medium sized Leifheit Lightweight AirBoard Compact Ironing Board is not as wide as the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board but it’s sufficient for most users! And wide enough for ironing men’s trousers!
Moreover, the Leifheit Lightweight AirBoard Compact Ironing Board does work well with steam irons. Although you can use dry irons or steam irons with it! There is a convenient shelf to keep your iron as well.
Note: Airboard Express is for steam generator irons
Overall, the quality of the Leifheit Lightweight AirBoard Compact Ironing Board is good and users like that it’s stable but light. However, the padding is not as thick as some users would like.
For this reason, unless you can get it much cheaper, we’d still prefer the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board over the Leifheit Lightweight AirBoard Compact Ironing Board!
Even if the Leifheit is about half the weight of the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board!
- Imported from Germany (Meets European quality standards)
- Reflective surface
- Anti-slip feet
- Very lightweight (Easy to move and store)
- Surface will not rust
- Thick and sturdy structure built to withstand 8kg
- Has an iron rest with built-in cord holder to keep your iron cord from getting in the way
- Adjustable height (the medium model suits tall people)
- Foam board is thin and doesn’t seem like it will last for many years
- Short warranty period
- Size: 110 x 30 cm (Small), 120 x 38 cm (Medium)
- Adjustable Height: 77 – 88 cm (Small), 78 – 98 cm (Medium)
- Folded Dimensions: 131.5 x 40 x 6.6 cm (Small), 155 x 40 x 9.5 cm (Medium)
- Cover: Thermo-Reflect Technology
- Weight: 3.5 kg (Small), 4.9 kg (Medium)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: ~$138
3. Amark Premium High Heat Resistant T-Leg Ironing Board
Similar to the previous product but much cheaper:
The Amark Premium High Heat Resistant T-Leg Ironing Board uses a high heat-resistant polypropylene base board. With perforated holes to vent out steam.
Note: With the included cover, the thickness is 10mm.
It is easy to assemble, fold and unfold according to reviews. And its adjustable height range (65cm to 85cm) is comfortable for users that are 1.8m (6ft) tall!
And while most reviews quote that the ironing board meets their expectations (in size and quality) for its price, and is stable:
A few users do not agree with the stability of the Amark Premium High Heat Resistant T-Leg Ironing.As it can be wobbly if you use more force when ironing!
For the reasonable price point however, the Amark Premium High Heat Resistant T-Leg Ironing is still a well-made ironing board. Especially if you are taller and don’t require a lot of force when ironing (i.e. dry ironing).
- Non slip grips for the feet
- Multiple adjustable height levels for more comfort
- 2 sizes available – 42″ or 36″ long board (excluding the iron rest)
- Good quality
- Steel frame with wide legs for more stability
- Safety lock present
- Removable cover
- Quite heavy
- Short warranty
- Can’t use a lot of force on it
- Size: 107 x 33 cm
- Adjustable Height: 7 heights (65 to 80 cm)
- Cover: Aluminized Cotton + 10mm Thick Polyester Fibre Underlay
- Weight: 5.5 kg
- Warranty: 1 month
- Price: ~$42
4. Leifheit Tina Ironing Board With Iron Rest L71508
With ~3.6 ft by 1 ft worth of ironing surface, this is a relatively petite ironing board!
The Leifheit Strong & Sturdy High Quality Tina Ironing Board L71508 has a demure printed cover too. It may feel a little wobbly at times due to its light weight!
Some users have the misfortune to receive a model with uneven legs which leads to a lot of unwanted wobbling.
Another variation of the Leifheit Strong & Sturdy High Quality Tina Ironing Board L71508 is the Leifheit Classic Ironing Board Basic S, L72576. The latter is of the same dimensions but about 0.4kg heavier! Both boards have a maximum height of 88cm and are light and slim.
But neither board is sturdy enough for heavy fabrics and irons. Hence, do keep that in mind if you are considering the Leifheit L71508 or L72576!
- Suitable for light use
- Convenient lever to adjust the height as required
- Decent quality
- Plastic grips for the feet (anti-slip)
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Has an iron rest
- Space saving
- Not for steam generator irons or heavy irons and textiles
- Size: 110 x 30 cm (ironing surface), 137 x 40 cm (actual size)
- Adjustable Height: 75 – 88 cm
- Cover: 3mm Soft Form
- Weight: 4.43 kg
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: ~$49
5. Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board E70881/E70882/E70883
If you were unimpressed with the cheaper ironing boards by Leifheit, you’ll be pleased with the Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board! And for the additional S$20, we think it’s worth it!
The Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Boards are similar in weight to the Leifheit ironing boards, but somehow sturdier! Users are generally happy with the quality.
However, this ironing board is narrower (width is 38cm) and longer than other ironing boards in the market which may make it unsuitable for ironing pant legs!
But since there are 3 sizes available for the Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board, you can always opt for the medium or the largest size if you want a full-sized ironing board instead!
Note: The length of the iron rest is 32cm long
The boards are firm and can be raised easily to suit persons of ~1.8m height (maximum height ~90cm).
On another note, getting an additional board cover is not a bad idea with the Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board:
As the original padding is adequate and the provided cover is thin (altogether just 3mm thick) and does not fit perfectly either.
- Light but stable
- Good quality
- Reasonably priced
- Mesh base (ideal for steam irons too)
- Comfortable for people of 6ft height too
- Height is adjustable
- Space-saving (slim profile)
- Quite thin, may need to get a thicker cover
- Size: 94 x 31 cm (Small), 110 x 31 cm (Medium), 119 x 38 cm (Large)
- Adjustable Height: 65 – 88 cm
- Cover: 3mm thick padding with cotton cover
- Weight: 3.8 kg (Small), 4 kg (Medium), 4.7 kg (Large)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: ~$68
6. Rayen Household Premium Ironing Board R6133
Slightly smaller than a full-sized ironing board (3.7 ft long, 13 inches wide):
The Rayen Household Premium Ironing Board R6133 has a maximum height of 88cm (~3 ft).
Despite its more hefty weight of 6kg, users still find that the metal stand/ aluminum mesh base is a bit wobbly. It may collapse under the weight of a heavy iron!
Most of the finishing of the Rayen Household Premium Ironing Board R6133 is good (some sharp edges).
However, the fabric of the cover is thin. So we recommend buying the additional Rayen ironing board padding for the board to compensate that.
On the whole, at just S$50, you get what you pay for with the Rayen Household Premium Ironing Board R6133. As mentioned, its aluminum frame is shaky under heavier fabrics.
Therefore, we would only recommend this if you don’t iron often and if you only work with light fabrics!
- Rubber caps for the feet (non slip)
- Has an iron rest
- Not bulky
- No warranty
- Only satisfactory quality
- May need additional cover (original cover is too thin)
- Size: 113 x 34 cm
- Adjustable Height: 7 heights
- Cover: Cotton & Polyester
- Weight: –
- Warranty: NA
- Price: ~$49
7. Philips Ironing Board GC221/88
While it’s no longer sold on the Philips official website:
You can still buy the Philips GC221/88 Ironing Board from other sellers, with 2 years warranty.
Make no mistake, this is a huge ironing board. The Philips GC221/88 Ironing Board is almost the same size as the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board! Many users are surprised with the size once they get it!
It is also heavier than the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board by around 2kg! And hence, you should take that into consideration if you plan to move it around.
The iron rest is wide (40cm) to cater for steam generator irons. It particularly fits Philips steam irons well (no surprise there).
Indeed, when paired with a steam iron, users find that they can complete their ironing tasks much faster! However, if you plan to iron anything narrow, the Philips GC221/88 Ironing Board may not be the board for you!
- Full sized
- Anti-slip grips for the feet
- Extra wide
- Stable (For extra support, put it against a wall)
- Heavy ~10kg
- Huge even when folded (like a door)
- Size: 122 x 43 cm
- Adjustable Height: –
- Cover: 100% Cotton & Foam
- Weight: –
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: ~$130
Tips On How To Choose The Best Ironing Board
There’s a great deal more to buying an ironing board than what you might expect:
- Stable (size and weight suit your iron’s size) – non slip feet is great
- Sufficiently padded
- Adjustable height with locking system
- Size – full sized (~4ft long,12-18 inches wide) or table top
- Cover material – Scorch resistant, non-stick or reflective? Reflective means there will be more heat going back into the clothes (i.e. speeds up ironing)
- Metal mesh top (especially for steam irons) to allow the steam to dissipate
Other features that are good to have:
- Easy to set up and store
- Has wheels
- Cord management
- Rack to store iron/ iron rest
The best ironing board in Singapore (in our books anyways) is the Brabantia Size C Ironing Board. It leaves no room for regrets unless you do not iron often!
If that is the case, you can go for the more affordable Rene High Quality Stable Ironing Board (E70881/E70882/E70883)! Or other options in our recommendation list (see top)!