It’s getting easier to be vegetarian and vegan in Singapore. However, there are still only a handful of good vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Tampines.
Vegan restaurants are still a rarity in this area and many of the vegetarian restaurants and stalls we have listed cater to the Buddhist community who are typically vegetarian on the 1st and 15th days of the lunar calendar.
So we’d keep this list in mind (or save this page) for easy reference in the future!
5 Top Vegan Food In Tampines
It’s a pity they do not allow dine-in (at the moment) and close fairly early in the evening. Because Botanict is one of the best stops for vegan food that we found in Tampines.
Delivery caters to the whole of Singapore.
The plant-based menu has western, asian, and local meat-free renditions like burgers, truffle ramen, chicken cutlets, nasi ayam penyet, teriyaki fish, etc.
Moreover, the husband-and-wife team cook the delicious meals up from scratch too! The high prices are very worth the taste and quality of the food!
We might go as far as to say that you don’t have to look elsewhere for vegan food in Tampines if Botanict is open!
- Ratings: 4.5/5 from 62 Google reviews
- Address: 11 Tampines Street 32, 02-01A-E Select Cloud Kitchen, Tampines Mart, Singapore 529287
- Opening Hours: 11am to 8pm (Closed on Monday to Tuesday)
- Contact: +65 9687 8535
2. Yuan Xiang Vegetarian Food (圆香素食)
Conveniently close to the MRT:
Yuan Xiang Vegetarian Food have vegetarian Hokkien mee and chicken rice but also set zi char meals for S$22 that include 2 portions of rice and 3 side dishes.
They make everything to order, and since there’s not much of a queue (unless it’s the 1st and 15th day of the lunar calendar) and the food tastes great:
This stall should definitely be on your radar if you’re looking for affordable vegetarian or vegan food in Tampines.
Note: Do specify if you want to exclude eggs from your meal
- Ratings: 4.2/5 from 127 Google reviews
- Address: 107 Tampines St. 11, Singapore 521107
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 10pm except Wednesdays (12pm to 10pm)
- Contact: +65 8305 5301
3. Zi Zai Vegetarian (Tampines)
Long opening hours make Zi Zai Vegetarian (Tampines) a reliable place to get vegetarian food for most of the day.
But service leaves room for a lot of improvement – they’ve yet to settle their online payment system (at the time of writing) and struggle to keep with up orders.
You could be waiting 30 minutes or longer for your meal.
However, prices are very affordable. The menu is quite broad too. Dishes that you can get here include a mock-meat version of belacan fried fish, Hokkien mee, kway teow, and assam laksa.
They also have prata and vegetarian fish curry, and a very spicy mala hotpot.
Our last word on Zi Zai Vegatarian is to avoid peak hours and you could have a pretty nice meal here.
- Ratings: 4.0/5 from 907 Google reviews
- Address: 801 Tampines Ave 4, Singapore 520801
- Opening Hours: 8am to 10:15pm
- Contact: +65 6781 1820
4. 谢必安素食 Vegetarian Stall
At this humble vegetarian stall in Tampines, mushroom minced meat noodles on Sunday mornings are recommended.
In fact, the morning menu features different noodles and porridge depending on which day of the week you visit.
The food here is good, and is neither too salty or oily. You can select a variety of different Chinese main dishes from the menu at lunch time.
However, recent price hikes give cause for concern since the portions are still the same. Before that, it was not uncommon for food to sell out by 11am.
- Ratings: 3.9/5 from 43 Google reviews
- Address: 828 Tampines Street 81, Singapore 520828
- Opening Hours: 7am to 8:30pm
- Contact: +65 9006 4438
5. Yuan Man Vegetarian
Early risers can go to Kopi House 1990 to find this vegetarian stall in Tampines:
Yuan Man Vegetarian has tasty and affordable food served by a friendly couple. There’s a quite a great variety of food on offer too.
If you see a long queue on Sundays, it’s the vegetarian chicken rice that is highly sought after! Peak hours are usually between 9am to 12pm.
- Ratings: 4.1/5 from 35 Google reviews
- Address: 820 Tampines Street 81, Singapore 520820
- Opening Hours: 6am to 9pm
- Contact: +65 9488 5622
6. Ren Xiang Vegetarian Food
419 Coffee Shop has one reputable vegetarian stall you can try:
Ren Xiang Vegetarian Food is often busy at lunch times. Here, you can order vegetarian laksa, bee hoon, or rice with separate dishes. The portions are ample and prices attractive.
Hence, try to avoid coming here whenever it’s the 1st or 15th day of the lunar calendar unless you’re prepared to wait.
Note: They don’t open for dinner
- Ratings: 4.3/5 from 27 Google reviews
- Address: 419 Tampines Street 41, Singapore 520419
- Opening Hours: 6am to 3pm (Closed on Tuesdays)
Tampines vegan food is lacking but if you don’t feel like cooking, you can still visit these vegetarian restaurants and stalls instead.
Botanict is the only high quality option for vegan food in Tampines at the moment.
- 7 Tampines Korean Food That Will Satisfy Your Craving
- 9 Great Places In Tampines For Tasty Japanese Food